Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:28:45 AM EDT
So after some looking around I understand that 80% lowers don't need serials, etc, but what other upsides are there?  I have noticed that most of the blanks are either the same price or more expensive than a premade lower.  For example a blank I found online costs $100 and a Mega Lower costs $100.  So what upsides are there, considering how much extra work is involved?

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The satisfaction of knowing you have built it yourself and no 4473.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose, but still knowing you built it is only worth so much.  

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If finishing and building it dosen't excite the hell out of you and you can't figure out why you'd want to spend so much money and time to avoid a 4473, then it's not for you.  Period.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If finishing and building it dosen't excite the hell out of you and you can't figure out why you'd want to spend so much money and time to avoid a 4473, then it's not for you.  Period.

Doesn't get much clearer than that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Actually, if finishing/building it yourself and having something 100% unique doesn't mean anything, then it's not for you. Period! The 4473 issue can be avoided by dealing FTF/Personal sales.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top