Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 6:45:55 PM EDT
I'm new to the AR style rifles and am building my first.  I'm starting with a Rock River lower, and was looking for advice for an upper.  I'm planning on building an M-4 type for home defense and some competitions.  I looked at the uppers made by Wilson Combat, but they are out of my price range for now.  I have about $600 to work with.

As I said, I'm totally new to these rifles (the only semi-auto rifles I own are a couple of .22s and a .351 Winchester) so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Go over to ADCO Firearms. They are in the industry forum and they carry pretty much any configuration of Rock River upper assembly there is. I myself have purchased two RRA uppers from them and they ship fast!!!  Not to mention the price is right.

I highly recommend going with an RRA upper, but a Stag would be good too. For the Stag I recommend Eagle Firearms.....also in the Industry forum.

Good luck with your build and remember to post pics when it's done!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I'm starting to realize I may have to save up a little more cash!  I'm getting the lower from a friend who has built several rifles.  I started checking out a few accessories (sights and a light) and there went my budget!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I know the feeling.

If you are dead set on a flattop upper then you will need to add the price of sights. The flattop upper definately gives you more options in the long run.

Also, don't forget about the cost of mags and ammo....it's easy to get caught up in the build aspect and then not have money for mags and ammo!

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top