Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:59:21 AM EDT
OK, Im the new guy, I need some input from the experts. I am thinking of building my first AR. A midlength CAR flat top. I like the Eotech HWS's and see many photos and have read a lot of articles about them. Im still looking for some specific tech. answers. Im thinking of going with a RRA upper. They offer a special Eotech base to mount the site a quarter inch or so higher along with a built in A2 rear sight. Would it be best to go with this setup along with the stock A2 front sight? And with this base will the Eotech extend over the factory midlength handguards? Im sure if I went with a FF aluminum tube it would not touch. I would like to get the GG&G quick mount for it as well. My questions is will the iron sights work good without the Eotech? Any ideas anyone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
if you are ordering a complete rra rifle and it gives the option for the dominator instead of a carry handle i dont see why not since you plan on using the eotech. the front sight is std. but the mount allows proper placement of the eotech to "co-witness" with the irons

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top