Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2006 10:48:41 PM EDT
I'm trying to install a single point sling mount, like here :

Ease of installation. Simply pull down on the adjustment lever of either a four or six position stock until the pin is disengaged enough to slide the whole plastic portion of the stock completely off to the rear, then slide on the adapter tighten one screw and install the stock in the reverse order and your done in about two minutes.

My problem is that I can't remove the whole plastic portion of the stock off (cheap 4 position adjustable stock), no matter how much I pull down on the adjustment lever.  I have tried unscrewing, using pliers to pull on the adjustment pin, and still can't get it out.

What am I missing?

Edit to add: Here's the illustration of what I'm trying to do:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8840/arstock2dx.jpg
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
try this: you need a CAR stock wrench--like this ( i tried what you are trying, and i never got it off....)
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/223-telewrench2.asp
(you can improvise w/ a hammer and a screwdriver)

anyways, you need to loosen the nut (might be kinda tough, just turn the correct direction--left), unscrew it completely

then unscrew the buffer tube from the lower itself

check out the build it yourself tacked thread above and go in reverse....

good luck
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I just wish I could get the plastic buttstock off.

I don't want to damage the buttstock since I put blue locktite on the buttstock thread.  So I'll have to wait another week to install a part that should only take a couple minutes.

Do local sports stores sell the part?

Arrgghh.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, how would those help?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]
i dont see the problem, are you pulling it all the way down and sliding it off?

you could remove the lever i guess, knock out the roll pin and unscrew it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all. Couldn't remove the buttstock the easy way, so I used a wrench and mouse pad to remove the stock the hard way.  Guess I'll never figure out the easy to remove the buttstock.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top