Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:27:53 PM EDT
Is the extra money worth it for the stainless.?  This will be my first AR.  I think Ive at least decided on a 20" flattop comlete upper from RRA , I would like a 16" midlength but i cant find one ANYWHERE> and I dont really want to wait 8-10 weeks..

also ADCO says that the 20" standered upper from RRA is 5.56 chamber.  But other sites say that the 20" is .223 WYLDE chambered..??  if it is .223 then that means that I cant shoot 5.56 through it right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious to know this myself.

The "20" are 5.56" part.

WYLDE is a half way between nato 5.56 and sammi .223 chamber dimentions.  ammo oracle doesn't say if it is 5.56 nato safe, but I've shoot wolf in mine and it worked fine.... well except for the 1 jam cause the chamber was dirty.

Edit..

goooooogle
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
depends on the stainless--what are your uses?

wylde=basically, 5.56 (not as loose though)--so its cool

www.ammo-oracle.com
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The MId-Length @ M&A is a RRA I just built one. It is my first AR and it is doing well so far
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is the extra money worth it for the stainless.?  This will be my first AR.  I think Ive at least decided on a 20" flattop comlete upper from RRA , I would like a 16" midlength but i cant find one ANYWHERE> and I dont really want to wait 8-10 weeks..

also ADCO says that the 20" standered upper from RRA is 5.56 chamber.  But other sites say that the 20" is .223 WYLDE chambered..??  if it is .223 then that means that I cant shoot 5.56 through it right?

The stainless is worth the extra $$.  The RRA stainless barrels are very accurate.  They will shoot 5.56 and .223
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top