Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:03:10 PM EDT
My ar experience has mostly been in the varminter arena and not the tactical. I have yet to build my own ar from scratch, but have swapped barrels, stocks, and triggers. I want to build an ar as compact as possible for social use. As of right now my starting point is that I have a colt factory trigger assembly with large pins. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I want to end up with the lightest and shortest weapon possible. And I want the ability to have an optic mounted that will still allow the use of the iron sights through that optic (sights removeable), and will want to mount a combat light (maybe a laser later) to the hand guard. I am in no hurry and will take my time and buy the larger and more expensive components on a used basis if possible. Thanks is advance, 2200v
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Does your state allow SBRs?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I assume you mean short barreled rifle. I live in VA and I just checked the regs in the legal section and short rifles are allowed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, that is what I mean.  I wouldn't go any shorter than 11.5", but thats just me.  I've used 6.5" barreled AR15/ M16s that ran great.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top