Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:30:58 AM EDT
This will be a M4 clone.  I will be building it on a Stag lower, with most likely a Voltor stock.  The Fine weapon will be used for general plinking and also when we go out Prairie Dog hunting.  (My main for the dogs is a heavy Barreled 22-250) If I go with a standard FSB will it interfere with a scope?  Ghosting in the sight picture ECT) and secondly is there a big benefit to using either 1x7 or a 1x9 twist bore.  I am looking at either using a Del-ton, CMMT, or Stag Tope end (from Bravo Company) any suggestions there as well.  I read good things about all these guys.  

Thanks for the help you all rock.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This will be a M4 clone.  I will be building it on a Stag lower, with most likely a Voltor stock.  The Fine weapon will be used for general plinking and also when we go out Prairie Dog hunting.  (My main for the dogs is a heavy Barreled 22-250) If I go with a standard FSB will it interfere with a scope?

Nope.  It will be there, but just a minor blur.  At 10X and above you can barely see it.  If you even think it might bother you... get a flip up front sight from YHM or PRI.

Ghosting in the sight picture ECT) and secondly is there a big benefit to using either 1x7 or a 1x9 twist bore.

Depends on what weight bullets you wanna shoot.  General plinking and varmint loads... a 1:9 is great.  But if you want to shoot longer ranges with special heavy loads, like 75-77gr bullets, a 1:8 or 1:7 is better.

I am looking at either using a Del-ton, CMMT, or Stag Tope end (from Bravo Company) any suggestions there as well.  I read good things about all these guys.  

Uppers are all pretty much the same.  I like RRA/CMT/Stag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
what falarak said
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top