Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:58:49 PM EDT
I started my builder, and I guess I am going to end up spending more money than I wanted to, but hopefully I will have a nice setup.  So far I have:

Les Baer lower receiver
DPMS lower parts kit
Custom-made flat-top upper
JP wood thumbhole stock
Trijicon ACOG sight

I am going to buy a JP 18" barrel with the heat sink attached.  www.jprifles.com

I want a Yankee Hill Machine "Lightweight 4-rail forearm"  http://www.yhm.net/store/forearms.html
What length do I need??
(Keep in mind that this free-floating forearm will cover the gas block.  Thanks guys!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I could tell, the 18" JP barrels use a rifle length gas system.  A rifle length FF tube will not cover the gas block.  You would need need a midlength gas system in an 18" barrel so that a rifle length tube will cover the block.

Also, the JP block may, or may not fit under the YHM guards.  Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm going to put a different, low profile gas block on the barrel.  JP's gas systems costs an extra $200 so I am going with my own.  Hopefully the low-pro block will fit under the handguard.  Thanks!  I'll keep you posted
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'm going to put a different, low profile gas block on the barrel.  JP's gas systems costs an extra $200 so I am going with my own.  Hopefully the low-pro block will fit under the handguard.  Thanks!  I'll keep you posted

What I am saying - is that with a rifle length FF tube/handguard, and a rifle length gas system, it wont BE UNDER the guards... it will be in front.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top