Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:54:07 PM EDT
hows the quality? the price sure is right..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  Top notch!  They are beautiful lowers all the way around.  Some of the best machine work I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks... is the fit nice and tight? Iver heard RRA is nice and tight but am having trouble tracking down a RRA lower.. and the price of the Mega is sweet.. this will be my first AR.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I got to compare my Mega lower to my friend's Lauer (LMT) lower.  The Mega was better.  Much cleaner with no machining marks.

My Mega lower has a very tight fit with the CMT upper that I bought from Denny.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a MEGA lower this past friday.  I'll probably finish building it this weeked.  This site as been an excellent resource.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one Mega build - no problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:50:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Bushmaster and DPMS lower in addition to the Mega.   The Mega is the nicest of the 3, cleaner machining that either of the others.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#7]
i have one and like it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes great lowers buy a few
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#9]
1 Mega and 1 Stinger.

Both Great!

Danny
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Mega and love the serrated front of the magwell.  I also love the safe frie engraving on both sides of the reciever.
you wont be sorry.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Have a upper and lower.  Great stuff.  Great work.  Love the teflon finish.  Teflon mags practically beg to drop free.  Very black.  I suggest if you want a good match, to get a mega upper (as long as you don't want m4 cuts).
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
thanks... is the fit nice and tight? Iver heard RRA is nice and tight but am having trouble tracking down a RRA lower.. and the price of the Mega is sweet.. this will be my first AR.

It's just right.  Tight but not too tight.  It's a near perfect fit and finish with my RRA upper.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 to everyone above.

Machining is top notch.  Really shows their attention to detail.  It's strange, this is one situation where I really think you don't get what you pay for when getting top dollar lowers.   It definitely makes my Bushy look a little sloppy...

Gundraw
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep,I have 2 Mega and 2 LMT.The Megas are nicer!  They look like some machinists were showing off,showing their skills.No tool or Forge marks.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Have a upper and lower.  Great stuff.  Great work.  Love the teflon finish.  Teflon mags practically beg to drop free.  Very black.  I suggest if you want a good match, to get a mega upper (as long as you don't want m4 cuts).

"M4 Feed Ramps" are offered on this Mega dealer's site;  www.carricozarmory.com/mega.htm

I've seen a Mega lower in person, it looked great! I want one!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#16]
i purchased a Mega and it is made real nice. I bought a couple lowers and cant decide what to build. Mega sure is sweet tho.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I have three and they are nicer than any others that I've owned. (RRA, Colt, Bushmaster)  I am going to buy a few more before the word gets out they are super nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:17:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Pics of my Mega I posted at Calguns...

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I just purchased a Mega lower two weeks ago.  I liked it so much I purchased another one.  I also got two Mega M4 upper receivers.  The uppers are kind of tight in the lowers.   I tried the Mega uppers in some other lowers I had and they fit really well.  The same goes with the lowers; they fit really well with the other uppers I have.  Either way the Mega product has a better fit and finish than any other brand I've seen.  You won't be sorry.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I just purchased a Mega lower two weeks ago.  I liked it so much I purchased another one.  I also got two Mega M4 upper receivers.  The uppers are kind of tight in the lowers.   I tried the Mega uppers in some other lowers I had and they fit really well.  The same goes with the lowers; they fit really well with the other uppers I have.  Either way the Mega product has a better fit and finish than any other brand I've seen.  You won't be sorry.  Good luck!

Did you find the uppers online or locally?  I didn't think they had any available with the M4 cuts!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Ah I didn't know they made them with the m4 cuts.....I guess that's good news....but I never needed m4 cuts anyways.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Perhaps the real question... Are they REAL anodized M4 cuts or the infamous "dremel" cuts...

Gundraw
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#23]
awesome. love mine, they are very nice!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Perhaps the real question... Are they REAL anodized M4 cuts or the infamous "dremel" cuts...

Gundraw

They are machined, then anodized.  They are similar in appearance to Colt and CMT, and they are not a dremel job.

I've handled a few, and they are quite nice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gundraw

They are machined, then anodized.  They are similar in appearance to Colt and CMT, and they are not a dremel job.

I've handled a few, and they are quite nice.

That's great to hear.  If I would have known Mega was making these I would have put one on my last build.

It's funny, I have a CMT (M4 cut) upper on a Mega lower.  The finish match is great, but for just appearance, the CMT has lots of the little "ripples" and inperfections like that, while the Mega is very clean and crisp.  I can't seem to say enough about Mega's attention to detail on their lowers.  If there uppers are half as good, that would be a HARD combo to beat.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I've built several rifles on Mega uppers/lowers, and I have the pleasure of knowing Clint Carrico personally as well. The Mega parts are superb, both dimensionally and in finish-- my only "I wish" is that I could get T-numbers on the uppers, but that's a nit-pick. The tightest rifle I've ever built used Olympic parts on Mega receivers-- I built another for my stepson as a welcome-home-from-Iraq gift, and you should have seen his buddies' eyes when they saw it. "But-- it doesn't rattle--"

As a side note, Mega is a small machine shop with other obligations, and the lowers were kind of scarce this last fall. I hear they're becoming more available now. You really can't go wrong using them for a build.

Clint is a great guy, and a lot of fun-- he's running a side business after his day job, which is quite demanding, but if you're persistent you can get through to him. It's well worth the effort.  

ETA: Incidentally, you can occasionally get them without the "Gator" grooves on the front if that bothers you. And "Stinger" was the old, original trade name-- I don't think they've used that name for quite a while now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It's funny, I have a CMT (M4 cut) upper on a Mega lower.  The finish match is great, but for just appearance, the CMT has lots of the little "ripples" and inperfections like that, while the Mega is very clean and crisp.  I can't seem to say enough about Mega's attention to detail on their lowers.  If there uppers are half as good, that would be a HARD combo to beat.

Gundraw

I thin kits because they are usually doing aerospace work, and what flies for receivers from many companies would not fly in the aerospace realm.  I like that Mega continues to hold themselves to a high standard.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I like my mega. Here it is with a Bushy upper on it. Finish is beautiful and the fit is tight.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I have one Mega build - no problems whatsoever.

Neither of my two (consecutive) MEGA lowers will fit a TangoDown battle grip =(

I have asked if others have this problem but apparently no one else has ever tried this combination

After investigation, it appears that the grip tang is too large. I do not know if they have reduced its size -- my SNs are 06xx
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#30]
There are several other makers that have this issue as well with the TD grip.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you find the uppers online or locally?  I didn't think they had any available with the M4 cuts!

I understand from Carrico'z Armory that the uppers with the M4 cuts just became available.  Drop Clinton a email and he will hook you up.  [email protected]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top