Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:16:40 PM EDT
I want to build a 9mm AR-15, flat top, but i REALLY like the 16" Barrel with the Rifle Handguards.. in 223 it is the dissipator..

Can i get a upper with carbine or mid-length handguards and move the front site forward, and silver solder it, to handle the rifle handguards?!?!

I would be using the quad rail picitanny handguards, to put a Sure-Fire M-900 with integrated Vert Grip..

Also be adding a laser and EoTech 550AA..

please let me know if this is possible..

E-mail is [email protected]

Anthony
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the boards. And to answer you question.

Its an AR anythings possable
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
so it can be done ?!?! I took my Colt HBAR out and looked at it, looks like it could be done, but just dont know with how much ease ?!?!

I am pretty handy with guns, and i think my dad who is a Certified Colt Armorer, would be able to help me out a great deal also..

Thanks,
Anthony
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's a free float hand guard, just install it, then drill & tap your FSB for set screws, set screw it to the barrel where ever you like, probablly dimple the barrel where each set screw gos so it won't move.

If the HGs aren't FF, then still install the FSB the same, but the measurement must be perfect, the FSB should have a gas tube hole in it (unless they use a special FSB without it on 9s?), tap that for a screw, use it to secure the front HG retainer, you'll need a triangluler rifle type retainer also.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top