Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 12:45:54 PM EDT
Can a Bushmaster pinned stock easily be coverted to a true collapsible stock? Im kind of a newbie in the AR world so excuse me if  I asked a really stupid question...thanks Scott
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
no, the cost does not make it worthwhile. go and find a used one in the equipment exchange or get a cmt or rra one for less
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can a Bushmaster pinned stock easily be coverted to a true collapsible stock? Im kind of a newbie in the AR world so excuse me if  I asked a really stupid question...thanks Scott

It depends.  Early pinned collapsible stocks were real collapsible stocks that had two roll pins blind hole pinned.  Simply, drill through the back side and knock the pins out and you have a functioning collapsible stock.  You will have two small holes through that are unsightly, but the stock will work.  Later models had a stock extention (buffer tube) that was full length.  These cannot be unfixed because the stock extention is too long.  You can tell the diference by look at the butt of your butt stock.  Does it have a big hole?, fixable, or is it flush? unfixable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I have done 4. It does take some time and about $25 in parts from RRA or other suppliers. There were some detail instructions posted on this forum but I cannot find the link.
Probably not worth it for most folks.
Email me for a verbal if you just want to pursue it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can convert the buttstock, but the tube is trashed.  www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=388
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top