Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:40:43 AM EDT
Ok all I am needing your opnions.  Should i buy this
http://www.impactguns.com/store/DPMS-RFA2AP4AAP4.html

Or build either a JT DS-4 kit or other m4 clone kit and put it on a RRA Lower.  

Thanks
Shuter
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You could probably save $80-$100 by building something similar using a J&T or Del-ton kit...and that's with a chrome-lined barrel.  

Del-ton M4 upper with chrome-lined barrel $510
Lower (Stag, Mega, Superior) < $100
FFL transfer $25

Total= $635

I'm working on a Del-ton build right now and I like what I see so far.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Build that way you get what you wont the 1st time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]
i would pick a jt kit over a dpms rifle but that is my personal preference.

if you have no mechanical skills then buy your first rifle if you have some and want to, build your own. if you want a custom rifle put together your own using parts you want.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Build that way you get what you wont the 1st time.

buying a kit normally doesnt offer this. kits are basically complete rifles without the lower reciever and sometimes use parts that arent up to par with the big names
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I am mechanicly inclined so building one I donot think would be so bad.  I can get a RRA for 120.00 locally.  

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#6]
i'd build--and del-ton allows customizable options too...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
pick up the superior arms lower.  it offers a set screw most other manufacturers don't...  you can adust the take up out of the trigger and it makes for a really nice trigger.  just built a couple and i love them.  first rate quality - i toured their facility on thursday - genuine people with a strict quality process.  

you can get them RB Precision all day long.

septic tank

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top