Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 8:51:07 PM EDT
I am new to the forum and looking at my first build.  I am looking at a Superior Arms lower and finishing it out with either a Del-Ton or RRA kit/upper.  The Del-Ton is about $50 cheaper.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the boards!

My first was a RRA midlength w/Mega lower.  I am currently working on a Del-ton carbine for someone else.  Both are high quality.  Del-ton tells me that they use CMT uppers and Wilson barrels.  These happen to be the same suppliers for RRA's uppers, lowers and barrels.  I think you'd be well served by either...or to use the board slogan "get both!"

BTW  Rock River does have a lifetime warranty and an accuracy guarantee on their factory assembled uppers if that helps justify the $50.

I've done business with Eaglefirarms (for my Rock River stuff) and Del-ton.  Both have been a pleasure to work with.

I've heard good things about Superior lowers.  Let me know what you think.  I'm looking at them for the Del-ton build.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I am going to stay with RRA. I have never had any trouble using any of there parts. For fit, finish and $$$ I dont think you can go wrong with RRA
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
DEL-TON! You wont be disapointed. They have good qaulity builds. North Carolina is the state of Armorers. I also like J&T, but I think their site is down so you have to call them to order your kit. Buy your own LPK if going with J&T because they give out cheap LPK in kits. I'm going with Del-ton again soon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
either one
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of upper receivers is Del-Ton using these days on their custom uppers? Any fit problems that you have heard of?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the site.      Either one would be a good choice.  Just a matter of preference.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all of the help.  One more questions. is it worth it to go with the m4 feed ramps?  I know that they are a little steeper, but what is the benefit?

Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top