Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 3:13:18 PM EDT
I have been doing some research on purchasing my first ar-15 and after lots of questions and a few gun shows I still have not bought one. So, I have come to this forum to ask a few questions on purchasing parts to build one.
If I buy a complete lower and upper is this all I need?
What is all involved for a basic build?
Is it cost effective to do this versus buying a new unit.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
yes--a complete lower and upper are all you need--just snap in the pins...

build--check up top on the tacked thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

building is more cost effective if: you plan on building more than 1; if you want to do future customization/accessory buildups

overall, building your own AR is not only a great expeience and gives you something to do, but it will save you $$$s in the long run--sort of--b/c you will end up spending said saved cash on more AR stuff
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I would buy all the parts and do it yourself. There's nothing more satisfying than shooting something you assembled.
Get everything and if you have problems the guys in here are great about helping.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top