Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 4:06:57 AM EDT
anyone know if the lightweight barrel from del-ton is actually a true .625 barrel and not a turned down .750?

also they offer two different a1 uppers one stating it has brass deflector and forward assist and the other with no description, would it be safe to say that would be a slabside upper?

the site list the kit under dpms so i guess if anyone has a dpms lw bbl. it would be the same.

emailed them but got no response.

tia
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
anyone know if the lightweight barrel from del-ton is actually a true .625 barrel and not a turned down .750?

also they offer two different a1 uppers one stating it has brass deflector and forward assist and the other with no description, would it be safe to say that would be a slabside upper?

the site list the kit under dpms so i guess if anyone has a dpms lw bbl. it would be the same.

emailed them but got no response.

tia

Tha lightweight barrel from Del-Ton is a turned down barrel. It’s what I ordered for my lightweight build. If you want a true .625 at a decent price try J&T. The barrel I ordered from J&T for my sons lightweight carbine is a true .625.

As far as the upper goes I would call them. At the time I built my LW carbine they were out of A1 type receivers and I ended up going with a BM A1 upper with BD.

These pics are from my older camera, excuse the quality. The barrel diameter differences are noticeable at the FSB.

DPMS barrel.

J&T barrel.

Let me know if you need higher res pics I'll square you away.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply and the pics.

i figured the dpms was a turn down and was only wondering since i have spoke with jt already about there lw barrels.

thanks again for the reply.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
just got a reply from them and they have .625 barrels that are not on the site yet from wilson arms.

a1 uppers are with deflector and fa.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top