Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:01:53 AM EDT
What's the best source on the internet or mail order for AR tools.  I'm looking for a GI type barrel wrench to use with a torque wrench.  I know I can get one from brownells, but it's like $30 bucks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
For the GI wrench check Bushmaster. If I remember right it was around $10.00. A better choice would be one of the aftermarket wrenches like DPMS or Oly Arms. I stripped out a stubbern barrel nut once with the GI tool.

ETA: Yep, $10.95

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/rm-001.asp

This style in my opinion is better and more versatile.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/1570.asp
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The OA barrel wrench is the best I've found.  I can't see any reason to go with anything different.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
brownells
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
brownells

Websniper: I know I can get one from brownells, but it's like $30 bucks!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Del-ton has them

www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=228

For $30 I'd get this one instead.

www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=226
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks ,for the pointers.   Can those armorors tools be used with a torque wrench?  That's the only reason I was looking at the GI tool....for use with a torque wrench.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks ,for the pointers.   Can those armorors tools be used with a torque wrench?  That's the only reason I was looking at the GI tool....for use with a torque wrench.

Yes they have a square drive for a torque wrench. I have the wrench pictured here from Del-Ton. It’s made by DPMS. I’m very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]
ADCO has a lot of tools also
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they have a square drive for a torque wrench. I have the wrench pictured here from Del-Ton. It’s made by DPMS. I’m very pleased with it.

I too have the one made by DPMS. it worked great yesterday for me
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top