Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2006 9:22:11 PM EDT
What if anything (besides stick the pieces together and putting the lower parts kit on a stripped dpms lower) would have to be done to this kit? 565$ before shipping and dealer fee doesnt sound to bad.

http://www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=1105
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
No dealer required for the kit.  It doesn't have the lower receiver so it doesn't have to go through an FFL.  Del-Ton kits are some pretty good stuff, and they ship in a hurry.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides piecing the lower together is there any work that needs to be done to the barrel or upper? Or once I put the lower together just snap it to the upper assembly and Im good to go.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I just finished putting together a Del-Ton kit using a RRA lower.  Everything went together great and took about an hour for this first timer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
With the kit will come the complete lower parts kit.  All you have to supply is the stripped lower receiver.  Once you get all your parts on your lower receiver, (took me about an hour the first time too), then all you have to do is slap your upper on your lower, insert magazine and let 'er rip!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I built my AR from a Del-ton kit and a Stag lower.  Everything went together easily with the exception of one or two flying detents.  The upper to lower fit is tight too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Stag and Del-ton M4 kit. Everything was great. The only tight parts were the roll pins for trigger gaurd and blot catch. Perfect fit. You should buy a M4 kit, its only $10 more than the CAR. Del-ton is great.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is one consideration about the part kits from Del-ton,  J&T and etc. There is only a thirty day warranty on the kits. They might replace parts after the warranty expire, but they do not have a obligation to do so.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I built my AR from a Del-ton kit and a Stag lower.  Everything went together easily with the exception of one or two flying detents.  The upper to lower fit is tight too.

+1 Love Del-Ton
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top