Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:30:30 PM EDT
I would like a FFHG that has a flat bottom, is light (that eliminates the Badger) and has attachment points, but not hundreds of them that are sharp and require covering.

Am thinking that a universal delta type ring that allows attachments would be great.  Comments or ideas?  Seems that the FFHG's are all company made.  Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess this thing is heavy, but it is flat on the bottom and has limited attachment points.  Two out of three ain't bad.

Link
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
At that price, just get it and modify it to your liking. I see lots of places where "meat" can be removed, to reduce the weight. Good call Mongo.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My guess this thing is heavy, but it is flat on the bottom and has limited attachment points.  Two out of three ain't bad.

Link

Any of you ever do bussiness with them?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It may work but that thing is FUGLY! (IMHO ONLY!!!)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]
pachmayr sells a slipover forend that has a flat bottem.  cut it and put it over a partially railed tube.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
It seems to have vent holes and may be thinner than it looks. I like the shape but then I'd like an octagonal one. :)

Quoted:
At that price, just get it and modify it to your liking. I see lots of places where "meat" can be removed, to reduce the weight. Good call Mongo.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#7]
It's only 34 bux??
Wow.

Quoted:
I would like a FFHG that has a flat bottom, is light (that eliminates the Badger) and has attachment points, but not hundreds of them that are sharp and require covering.

Am thinking that a universal delta type ring that allows attachments would be great.  Comments or ideas?  Seems that the FFHG's are all company made.  Thanks for your input.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:23:40 AM EDT
[#9]
What style would you be interested in?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link

Correctamundo!

I had the shorty 7inch long version.  Added unacceptable weight to an already front-heavy rifle.

I milled the round corners down flat,  which gave me a six-sided handguard, and drilled numerous 5/8 dia lightening holes in the smaller flats to shave more weight and increase cooling.

turned out really nice, unique even.   My hand fit perfectly around it in a very comfortable grip.   Gave me the flat bottom for railed accessories, and a narrow top for a co-witnessed tacpoint, laser and light.

I was trying to keep a decked-out carbine as compact as possible.

I paid $40 for used but good condition.  Never seen those selling new for that little money.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#12]

I milled the round corners down flat,  which gave me a six-sided handguard, and drilled numerous 5/8 dia lightening holes in the smaller flats to shave more weight and increase cooling.

turned out really nice, unique even.   My hand fit perfectly around it in a very comfortable grip.   Gave me the flat bottom for railed accessories, and a narrow top for a co-witnessed tacpoint, laser and light.

First of all, greetings, fellow New Mexican.  You're the first I've seen on here, although I haven't been here very long...

Got any pics of your HG?  I'd love to see it.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

Any of you ever do bussiness with them?

They've started dealing on the board:
www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=83193

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Those beefy triangular hand guards have a lot of potential for mods, if you have a mill.  I like them!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#15]
there are some nice free floats out there, but i want something totaly different as well. so I am desinging a free float that will be made from wood for my upcoming varmint build.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I will also make a matching grip and stock attachment.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#17]
i like your thinkin.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top