Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 7:39:45 PM EDT
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for doing so? I will be transferring the parts kit from the lower it is in right now (not installed by me) to another one soon and want to do it correctly. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The rear take down pin?

You'll have to remove the stock buffer tube extention, there is a spring behind the reciever end plate (carbine) with a detent pin in there also, let the spring slide out provided it did not already launch across the room upon removal of the tube.
Remove spring and detent then the pin itself will be removable.

If it's the front pin with spring and detent you can use the tip of a knive or similar sharp pointed object to push down the detent while pulling outward on the pin, it will slide out and your spring and detent will quickly launch across the room
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The rear take down pin?

You'll have to remove the stock buffer tube extention, there is a spring behind the reciever end plate (carbine) with a detent pin in there also, let the spring slide out provided it did not already launch across the room upon removal of the tube.

If it's the front pin with spring and detent you can use the tip of a knive or similar sharp pointed object to push down the detent while pulling outward on the pin, it will slide out and your spring and detent will quickly launch across the room

Don't remind me!  I need to buy another detent because I lost one just that way when it managed to evade the plastic bag I had over it trying to catch it...  Can't find the blasted little thing...  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:22:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I found one in my hair one time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya Hippie
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The rear take down pin?

Don't remind me!  I need to buy another detent because I lost one just that way when it managed to evade the plastic bag I had over it trying to catch it...  Can't find the blasted little thing...  

I think it has happened to us all at one time or another.

Big Time +1

Arrrrrrrgh,
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top