Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 5:43:40 PM EDT
  Has anyone here ever actually done any business with AR15 Barrels?? If so how was it?? How is the service? How was the quality? Accuracy, Fit, Finish ect...  Thinking of  buying some products from him.  Just wondering what others think. Better safe than sorry. Thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW, No one can give any type of reference??
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I loved working with him, he is a great guy, nice to talk to and LISTENS.  He helped me finalize my details and then put it all together. Did some great machining. On the barrel thread protector for flash hiders etc. I cold feel where the barrel and cap meet on half of the cap, could have been matched a bit better but rest of work was great. See my rifle in uppers section, my fluted barrel in photos at www.ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not done business with him but he is very helpful on the forums when you have a question about barrels and seems very knowledgeable.  I would not be afraid to use him at all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quick turn around too.  We had to wait on the Kreiger Supermatch barrel but when it was in Randall had the work done in less than 2 weeks because he had to sent it out to have flutes painted. Otherwise it would have been sooner.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Do the business...................he has made me very happy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Randall, How R U?
I figured that was most likely the case. As long as I don't run my finger over it no one else will ever know. Winter has been tuff, am dying to get out and shoot again...comfortably that is.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
 Ok t6hanks for all the help everyone. I have email with him. And your right... Very nice, helpful and seems very knowledgeble. I have read alot of his posts and he is very helpful. With knowlegde for us newbies to learn from. Just hard to just Email and say ok here is a grand now do the work. So, If I don't hear back from another person about a Les Baer at a very reasonable price real soon.
Randell I will be sending off the money. I hope you took no offense by this post. Just was looking for some references. Anyone can be anyone online. And that sucks these days. I already got took a week ago on a SP1 deal. Just didn't want it to happen again. Again thanks everyone you've eased my mind.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the Dam weather report Randall, I'm jealous.  Man you can be out shootin' dogs in a
t-shirt , lucky guy. At least we may hit 50 today which will be like 70°, and my feet might finally thaw out now that deer season ends tomm. Bring on the Yote's!
Randall won't be offended. We all like references, especially when we are dealing  with someone clear across the country, whom unfortunately may never meet.  This was "My FIRST" and he taught me a lot. And I am obsessed with details and perfection and I got both. I emailed him a lot and he responded to all with in depth answers. I got a FREE edjumacation.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#12]
 This is one thing I like about him. He doesn't  just tell go with this....  But, Why to make that chioce. And in his posts when people ask about something. His posts seem to have substance... Not just an opinion,  but actual facts. One thing that concerned me. Was the lack of contact information both on his site and here.  Just waiting on that guy with the Les baer to Email me.... If I don't hear from him by 1/1/06.  Then I look ahead for the .204 critter weapon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I have not done work with Randall at AR15Barrels, but I am planning to send him an upper soon.  I have discussed in emails my planned work and he replied quicker than most dealers.

The photo's on the website look great.  In my line of work I deal a lot with precision machining and the way he describes his methods for machining and also in this thread is on the money.  Based on what I have seen and read, he knows what he is doing-read his website description....he knows what he is saying....never met him, never seen any work....but I will send him my uppers.

Randall, will contacting you in the next two to three weeks, Richard S.  in Louisiana.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok I found the phone number now. And I see now that this is a side line thing. What I meant is that most people have Addresses, Phone Numbers, ect... ect... But, I see that your not an actual store front. Still haven't heard back from the other les baer guy yet. Don't want that gun... But, If I can get a real good price on it I win't mind. Then wait on my build. Thanks again... I feel much better. And I also have done maching and deal with alot of machinists. So I know what your saying when you say he is knowledgeble.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top