Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:58:40 AM EDT
  So, Far everyone is very helpful on here. And I really do apppreciate all the help. Here is where I am at for my list so far. Just not sure or maybe don't have the confidence of the upper and lower. I can buy Colt , Armalite and Bushy at a very good price from my FFL. Years ago had a Bushy and it had  issues.  Didn't compare to my Friends Colt or my Daewoo DR200. So thier out. But, Armalites I can get  M15A4BNM for 1165.00 and the Colt 6724 for 1100.00 new in the box.   So, What to do??
Barrrel
   .204 Kreiger 24" Free Float.  Probably from AR15Barrels... Still waiting on price from him            
    complete
Lower
    RRA
    Trigger
    JP single stage with speed hammer.
Upper
    RRA  
    Les Baers Bolt and Carrier Group. ( Or Does RRA sell a NM Group??)

Big question.... If I am going to spend that much money are th RRA upper and lowers as good as the Colts or Armalites.  It seems that some say yes and some say no. I do know that the Same Companies Manufacture them. But, They Probably manufacture them to each individual specs.  Seems to be alot of thread on "Best Receivers". But, No real answers in any of them.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
looks like the only thing you plan on keeping std. is the upper and lower reciever itself... i would go with a stripped upper and lower and build from there. that way you get exactly what you want the first time
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, I was thinking that way. But, Are Colt uppers and lowers actually better than RRA??
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are Colt uppers and lowers actually better than RRA??

It's pretty much a matter of preference. It's like asking if Ford is better than Chevy. I'd recommend buying the same brand upper and lower though, so that you'll have a perfect color match.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
GET BOTH!

NO, GET 87 COPPIES OF BOTH!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Go RRA for fit, finish and $$$ I dont think you can go wrong
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok let me ask you this then. Does the M4 feed ramps really matter??? Or would they matter in this build??
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok let me ask you this then. Does the M4 feed ramps really matter??? Or would they matter in this build??

use the search function.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=257842

bigbore's really long thread about feedramps
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
 Sorry but already did... It was a great thread. Thanks anyway. to many hours on ar15 reading today. It's a great site. I probably have spent 10 hours a day for the past 6 days excluding Xmas and the eve of Xmas.... Looks like the .204 is coming together and am about to place an order.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top