Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 7:33:22 PM EDT
I purchased an 16" carbine kit from model 1 sales for my first build  due to being on a limited buget (getting married soon), and there low prices. And assembled it with a rock river arms lower, I have read multiple post mentioning how no one likes m1s. It shoots great patterns ,quality of finish and fit with the lower is wonderful. And it will digest any type of ammo you throw at it, Including wolf.  I just dont understand, why no one likes there product?

Here is my rifle
http://www.hunt101.com/img/358849.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/img/358848.JPG
I still need a light system, and rear buis. I have a modded 10/22t listed here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=98&t=316573
That I want to sell or either trade for a parts for my ar
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I purchased an 16" carbine kit from model 1 sales for my first build  due to being on a limited buget (getting married soon), and there low prices. And assembled it with a rock river arms lower, I have read multiple post mentioning how no one likes m1s. It shoots great patterns ,quality of finish and fit with the lower is wonderful. And it will digest any type of ammo you throw at it, Including wolf.  I just dont understand, why no one likes there product?

Sadly, I believe that they have earned their reputation as the "bottom feeders" of the AR-15 food chain due to customer NON-service and poor quality parts.  After reading up on Model 1 Sales, some customers had a hard time receiving their parts and it appeared that Model 1 had billed their credit cards way in advance of shipping the parts.  I have also read where some Model 1 customers have had quality issues with the parts they did indeed receive.  

Regardless, I am glad to see that your build turned out okay and some of the complaints may be a bit over exhagerated.  I guess this falls under the category of believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.  Unfortunately, I will probably never purchase from Model 1 myself due to the bad press.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There are plenty of people here who have had great luck with Model1sales, and there are plenty of snobs who turn their nose up on anything that is lacking snob appeal.

If it works for you, that is all that matters!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations. Now post some pics!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It shoots great patterns

Patterns are nice, but I prefer a weapon that shoots nice groups!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It shoots great patterns

I can spell my name w/ my AR...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Patterns are nice, but I prefer a weapon that shoots nice groups! hr

Sorry I was meaning groups
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry I was meaning groups

I know.  I was just goofing.  It sounded like Christopher Lowel!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]
My first build was a Model 1 kit and I have bought parts from them since that I am happy with.
Had issues with some of the parts. All documented on this form by me and others.
Took care of them myself.
All that being said looks like they have a member here (srt205) keeping a tab on things now a step in the right direction IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It shoots great patterns

I can spell my name w/ my AR...

Is your name Dot?

efxguy
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There are plenty of people here who have had great luck with Model1sales, and there are plenty of snobs who turn their nose up on anything that is lacking snob appeal.

If it works for you, that is all that matters!

a Big  +1
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#11]
My 20" M1s upper works awesome.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:05:35 AM EDT
[#13]
nice looing build. Job well done congrats
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top