Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:44:12 PM EDT
I want to mount a sling adapter to my M4LE, but the locking ring on the buffer tube was staked
at the factory. I have the lower in a mag well vice block, but I can't seem to budge the locking ring
with a wrench. I considered tapping the wrench with a hammer, but I'm afraid it will put too much
presure on the mag well and screw it up. So, what do I do?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Try harder.

It should shear off that little piece of steel without damaging anything else.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I managed to get it loose. DAYUM, that was hard!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same problem with my Bushmaster.  I used a hammer on the wrench to try to break it loose and ended up breaking the wrench tooth off.   I finally was able to lossen the nut with a hammer and punch.    It did  ruin the buffer tube by messing up a couple of treads on it.    Once the nut was loose I just backed it off and it came right off.  I was replaceing the tube anyway as it was not mil spec and would not work with my new Vltor stock.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top