Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:52:09 AM EDT
I am building a 22lr  AR-15 and i wanted to know what is the best twist rate for them. I have a 1/12  20" pencile barrel that i was going to use and just woundered if it would be ok. I am using an M261 kit also. My plan is to give it to my son for Christmas if i get it built in time.
Thanks for any help E3
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:38:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The 12 twist will be OK, a 14 twist would be better and a 16 or 18 twist would be ideal for 22LR only. The shorter the projectile the slower the twist that can be used.                                                     Merry Christmas. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent gift Dad! I too built my Son a .22 AR as a gift. Below is my Sons rifle, gave it to him this past April for his 13th B-day. I used a light weight 1/9 barrel which shoots the 40 gr Winchester Dynapoints with pretty good accuracy!  The optics and mount were an early Christmas present!

Hope your boy enjoys his rifle as much as mine does!

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
the 1/12 should work fine
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top