Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:22:49 AM EDT
I was going to use this to paint a stock, but in test sprays it looks very greenish, not at all the lighter brownish/tannish tone of the milspec color, which, admittedly, I've only seen in a computer moniter, with all the possible faults in color reproduction.

So, to those who have used this color: Is it a good match, or are there other colors that are more correct?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no milspec for coyote and different companies have used slightly different colors for coyote.  Dark Earth Brown is the only one that is 'official', I believe it is required for the SCAR contract.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I see that Alumahyde has a "Flat Earth" on Brownell's, but on that color swatch it looks like a Dark Brown...?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
TAG. I have been wondering about this myself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#5]
INI's color looks a lot like I think Coyote should...

I will order that one and try them out side by side.

And post pics of course.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
INI's color looks a lot like I think Coyote should...

I will order that one and try them out side by side.

And post pics of course.

I already bought both of them plus some normal tan, a green and a few other colors so I could test them and post pics but I've been too damned busy to take them out in teh yard and spray some samples.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
the coyote brown i got from duracoat is identical to my issue MARPAT  BDUs and back pack.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife is a Mary Kay Consultant, and you all sound just like a bunch of girls discussing shades of "Coyote" whatever the hell that is.

I think someone needs to resurrect the "Barbie" thread about AR15 rifles.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, if you don't keep this kind of thing under control, you could end up with something like the Soviets with their Orange colored plastic AK magazines...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top