Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 7:06:52 AM EDT
I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on simply cutting down the sight tower then clamping a YHM folding sight around the altered gas block, or replace the tower with the YHM front sight/gas block.

It seems preferrence to me.  I really liked the sticky about the cutting down of the tower.

Thoughts?  Opinion? etc..
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
A fews weeks ago somebody posted on here, why have a flat top with a front sight, so I thought, good point. SOOOOO ... I got my flat top out and ordered a YHM folding front sight on mine , and really liked it,  It made my EOTech so much easier to use. Nothing in the way. It is hard to imagine how much better the Halo-thingy works till you try it with out the front sight in the way. a whole lot quicker. Really nice.

BUT I wanted to have 2 front rails, so I ordered the 3 rail add on.

It would not fit around the gas block. So I took it off and got a gas block that had 4 rails on it,

then got a YHM fold down front site.

I have a grren laser on the bottom rail, a M3 Streamlight on the left rail, where I can use my thumb to turn it on and off. I tried handguards with rails, but did not like the way they felt, even with the covers. I like this set up the best of all that I have tried. This has worked really well for me. I have been meaning to thank the guy who asked the question to start with.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not too sure you can clamp another sight around a shaved FSB...

I would think the only reason to chop one is to get an extended FF rail over it on the cheap.

Quoted:
I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on simply cutting down the sight tower then clamping a YHM folding sight around the altered gas block, or replace the tower with the YHM front sight/gas block.

It seems preferrence to me.  I really liked the sticky about the cutting down of the tower.

Thoughts?  Opinion? etc..

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The only "cut down" gas block I have seen a sight designed to go around is Bushmaster's V-Match gas block" And the slip over sight is made specifically for it.
I have a YHM flip front sight gas block on my SPR-ish and really like it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for all your input.  I will see if the YHM sight will go around a shaved FSB prior to ordering it.  Money is not to much a factor, more the desire to get hands on on this rifle!  If I screw it up I'll buy a front sight/gas block combo, no harm done.

Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top