Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 2:32:09 PM EDT
I'm putting together an A1 using a Rock River Lower.  The problem I have is the lower detent retaining spring doesn't fit in the hole.  The blueprints show the hole to be .094" but my spring is .099".  Is this a common situation or do I just have an out of spec spring?hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Alternatively, you may have an out of spec receiver. Ream the hole to 0.100 inches with a drill bit. Charles.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Its possible it could be flashing, but its also possible you aren't using the correct spring.

I would certainly look for a second set of eyes, and/ or another spring before I began to drill anything out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its possible it could be flashing, but its also possible you aren't using the correct spring.

I would certainly look for a second set of eyes, and/ or another spring before I began to drill anything out.

plus 1 I have put togeather 7 or 8 RRA lowers and have never had a trouble with anything not fiting a hole.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I say chase the detent hole with a bit to knock out the glass bead that is taking up the needed space.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I say chase the detent hole with a bit to knock out the glass bead that is taking up the needed space.

I agree, just make sure you use the bit in your hand, and not in a drill.  Handpressure should be more than enough to check the space, or clear something out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the culprit was an out of spec spring.  I got another one and it dropped right in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#8]
They must have sent me the wrong spring.  I bought a fully assembled lower minus buttstock.  I only had to install two springs.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top