Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:52:45 AM EDT
Hi gang, should have my lowere and lpk this weekend. I am still trying to decide what stock to put on it. Not sure whether to go standard stock or a 6 position adjustable stock. Any thoughts?? No specific thoughts on use other than plinking fun....I am planning on getting a CMT 16 inch A3 upper .....thanks...mack
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Go with a CMT/Stag stock in either the older CAR style, or the newer ribbed M4 style. The are a couple more dollars, but not really all that much.  

I've bought my last ones from www.rainierarms.com/ and been very happy with the price, service, and quick shipping.  If you figure that he ships the stock for free, your overall price becomes even cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the CMT stock.

Teknic is a great guy to do business with!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 to CMT.

Mil-spec for about the same price as a RRA 6 position (not mil-spec profile or buffer tube).

I don't like fixed stocks on carbines, anyway. They limit you in versatility and if you shoot outside in the winter, the A1 and A2 stocks might start feeling a little long when you have a sweatshirt and winter jacket on.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That's what I wanted to hear guys....thanks.....how about the buffer?? Standard or heavy??

***added- Just placed internet order with Tactical Solutions (rainierarms)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1 to CMT.

Mil-spec for about the same price as a RRA 6 position (not mil-spec profile or buffer tube).

I don't like fixed stocks on carbines, anyway. They limit you in versatility and if you shoot outside in the winter, the A1 and A2 stocks might start feeling a little long when you have a sweatshirt and winter jacket on.

WIZZO

Im having a problem believing this here. I have been told by a dealer on this board that the CMT contrary to belief is NOT mil spec. He told me that he tested it by trying to mount a SOPMOD on the tube and it DID NOT FIT. Sooo...I would just to be safe if your wanting mil spec, go with the LMT or true Colt CAr stock , if not go with like Tic's stock for $50 or RRA for $72 from RBPrecision on the EE
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
All I've ever heard is CMT/Stag=mil-spec.

I know RRA/Bushy isn't but I knew that before I bought all 3 of my RRA stocks.

Maybe someone else might want to chime in on this.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
crane.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top