Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2005 1:58:41 PM EDT
I purchased a stripped upper and i'm trying to put on the ejection port cover.  I have finally figured out how the spring is supposed to go in but i can't figure out how to keep the rod that goes through the middle in place.  There is a very very very small metal retaining clip that was preattached to the rod that i think is supposed to go over the rod, in between the edge of the cover, and the rod holder on the upper.  It would be almost impossible for me to push the rod in just enough to stick it inbetween there in the exact spot it should go in on the rod.  Am i completely stupid? is it supposed to stay on the rod and stay outside the rod holder (causing the rod to move back and forth since nothing is really holding it in place)?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The rod is pushed through from back to front (with the C-clip's groove to the front), then the C-clip is placed on the rod to keep it from backing out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That is how i currently have it .  I do not have a barrel attached so it can freely move forward where the barrel would be.  If there was a barrel on it, it would keep it from moving forward and the c-clip would keep it from moving back.  Is that correct?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]

cyberfr0g - Your assessment is correct.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
yep.  tension on that rod from the port cover and the two points of the upper it passes through will keep it from sliding forward on it's own and if you decided to push it forward, it will be blocked by the barrel nut, whichever type you have.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That is how i currently have it .  ..... a barrel on it, it would keep it from moving forward and the c-clip would keep it from moving back.  Is that correct?

Correct .... so what was the problem again?

[ETA. Not having my rifle on me for confirmation, but if i remember correctly, you should have the flat part of the C-clip flush / flat on the upper so the rod goes all the way in.]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top