Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2005 10:38:05 AM EDT
I removed the muzzlebrake on barrel and want to install A2 flashider, the crush washer that came with does not time it right it puts the top of the A2 at about 11 o'clock is that correct? Do I need to buy a peel washer. Advice needed, Thanks. John
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep crushing till the timing is right.  Err by "11" you mean about 30 degress more tightening to go?

*Don't break anything though, you would feel sad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The top or center cut on the flashider is past center or 12 oclock so I would have to turn it around one more time, which seems like it would not work. I would really have to crush the washer tight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Ooh... umm..  two crush washers/face to face?

Maybe your crush washer was pre-crushed?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The top or center cut on the flashider is past center or 12 oclock so I would have to turn it around one more time, which seems like it would not work. I would really have to crush the washer tight.

Either get another crush washer, or slightly crush the crusher washer in a vice.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
are you reusing the crush washer?  that's like reusing a rubber...

get another along with other misc. small parts from midwayusa or brownell's so you don't shoot yourself in the foot with shipping.  

oh, if you are describing 11 o'clock while looking down the barrel, you are set.  Just use a little elbow grease.  If you are indeed that close, don't squish it too much in a vise...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a new washer I crushed it and it worked fine. Now I have nice new flashider on barrel. The tinkering begins!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top