Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
Where I can get some new detent springs and an install tool?

Cant believe I launched the little turd.

Other wise things are going ok on my first build.

Here is the upper AMeetec arms M4 kit with modifications which include 14.5 inch barrel and phantom flish suppressor, YHM flip up site gas block
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/194/194817/folders/141021/1694416UPPER1.JPG
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.jtdistributing.com/ar15/lowerrec.shtml

95 cents.  Don't know about shipping.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of vendors for detents, springs, etc. I'd suggest RB Precision. Can't go wrong. For $1, buy a clevis pin from any hardware store. Works just as well as a takedown pin tool, for $4 less.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
hehe, don't feel bad. I didn't loose springs though, what I launched were the rice grain sized pins that sit on top of the spring. That front takedown is a bear to get in when you have paws the size of Volkswagens. I launched 3 of them before i called MA Sales and had the installation tool dropped in the mail. I told MA that the tool should just be included with every lower parts kit.

Yankee is right, now that I know exactly what it is and how it works, a clevis pin would have done the trick.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Clevis pin is the way to go.

After two hours of being frustrated and angry I went to Ace and bought one.

Within a minute of coming home I had that pin and spring in.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top