Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 1:49:22 PM EDT
I know all of you were holding your breath when you heard I was building my first rifle. Well now you can take a sigh of relief

There she is! Stag lower, DPMS LPK, Armalite upper, magpul follower mag, cavarms m4 guards. I already have a barrel picked out (wilson combat m4 govt profile), just waiting on the funds. But I just cant decide on a buttstock. Should I go the $72 shipped w/wrench RRA CAR stock? Or should I go the $152 shipped w/wrench VLTOR Clubfoot stock? Im confuzzled...

-=and yes that IS an Apple laptop, which I DO use to surf arfcom wahaha  Apple PwNz jo0=-
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
A Wilson Combat barrel, or a Wislon barrel?

If you are getting a wilson combat barrel I'm curious as to where you got it, and how much you ended up paying.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A Wilson Combat barrel, or a Wislon barrel?

If you are getting a wilson combat barrel I'm curious as to where you got it, and how much you ended up paying.

Thanks.

oh hrm...wilson arms sorry. I thought wilson was wilson, guess not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
No, they aren't the same.  Not a big deal, I just would have hated to see you pay all that extra money for a WC barrel.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice job so far.

And nice apple... apples are the only thing i use
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But I just cant decide on a buttstock. Should I go the $72 shipped w/wrench RRA CAR stock? Or should I go the $152 shipped w/wrench VLTOR Clubfoot stock? Im confuzzled...

I would recommend getting the Stag Arms CAR stock because they are Mil-Spec size diameter which you could use a Vltor or LMT Sopmod stocks later on without changing the buffer tube.

Their complete kit price range are from $62 to $80.

There are also other sellers that sells the Stag stocks at the Equipment Exchange or you could order direct from Stag Arms (click on their website link on top of this webpage).

Eagle Firearms - Stag Arms CAR stock link (look at the bottom of the page)

I got started again on my AR projects this year by getting a completed upper and then an assembled lower (without stock). Then I installed the push pivot pin assembly in the lower and CAR stock. I got my first one done in about six weeks.

You're getting closer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
When deciding on the barrel that you wanted, for what reason did you choose the M4 style barrel and gas system?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When deciding on the barrel that you wanted, for what reason did you choose the M4 style barrel and gas system?

Ive always liked the M4 style and the cool compactness, but im already studdering on the decision. I might decide on a midlength now. If I could find a midlength for RRAs price but that was lightweight, Id hit it like a walmart with the lights off...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#8]
looks like your off to a good start
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Get the Vltor stock, they rule.  I own 2 of them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top