Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 10:12:47 AM EDT
Had an oddball thing happen (and frustrate me) the other night. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this...

Assembling a Stag LPK into a Oly lower. Also using KNS antiwalk pins (just for the looks, nothing more). When I went to put the selector/saftey switch into place, it couldn't go all the way through, because the portion of the trigger that lies underneith was too high to allow it to pass all the way through. It was just a 'cat hair' too high. I was able to assmeble just fine by pulling trigger, discon, hammer out and installing the selector first, and then slipping the trigger in under and going from there. Of course I had to redo the damn thing again later when I realized I had the hammer spring on the wrong side of the hammer (blind spot for me, for whatever reason, every time I assemble I do the same damn thing).

Function check is fine, and a second Stag LPK + Oly lower (but with normal pins, not KNS) that I did the same time was fine.  

So... out of spec trigger in the Stag kit? Happens all the time for everyone? Happens when using the KNS pins? Stupidly dangerous and I better use a string and tree stump to test fire it?

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had a few that were tight and problematic as well, but once together, they all worked well.  Do a proper function check to verify everything, and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the hammer is cocked back before you try to put the selector through.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine barely squeeks past.  I found it helps to push it in halfway, and guide it with your finger into the other hole.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Did a function check as per guides here, and it all seems good. Once actually in, the clearance is fine - looking at the selector, I see a slightly thicker section which is the bearing surface on/in the reciever wall, and then a slightly thinner middle, with the operating notch (making up terms as I go, you see) in the middle. In the 'before I decided to take it all apart and do it in a different sequence' timeframe, I did indeed fiddle with finding just the right spot of the hammer's arc of movement where the rear tigger was able to go to it's lowest, which was still too high.

I'll be giving it a test tonight at the range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Make sure the hammer is cocked back before you try to put the selector through.

+1

ETA: It will also do that if you some how ended up with a M16 disconnect...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top