Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 5:41:11 AM EDT
Im thinking about building one, i would like to see your guys varmint builds, also what kind of accuracy should you expect out of one?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's my 24" bull barreled varmint gun....

and here's a more recent 16" bull barreled rifle.  I hate to admit that the short barrel shoots better than the 24" barrel........

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
russ4777
where dd you find your upper/barrel? I want to build a 20" bull barrel but I want it black as I am not a fan of the Stainless steel look

Thoughts?
Rhino
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 20" Oly Ultramatch varmint upper on my rock river lower and it will shoot a consistent .75" group at 100yds. the barrel is Stainless steel but finished black from the factory.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
MorsAbAlto:

The top picture is a 24" Olympic Arms SUM bull barrel which I had KKF flute for me.  I did this to lighten the thing up a bit.  A 24" bull is just too heavy to lug around or shoot offhand.  The whole barrel was glass-bead blasted for a matte finish then only the outer surfaces were polished.  The upper receiver is a DPMS Hi-Riser.  The Bolt assembly is by Young's.  The two-piece floating handguard is the extra length version by JP which covers the gasblock.

The lower picture is 16" Olympic Arms SUM bull barrel attached to a Les Baer flat-top upper with a custom length Hiperform carbon fiber floating handguard.  Again, I like to hide the gas blocks.  The black finish is the standard black oxide coating Oly puts on all their stainless barrels.  The bolt and carrier assembly in this rifle is from Les Baer (actually made by Young's).

Both shoot REALLY well.  With handloads, both easily shoot sub MOA.  The 16" one has done 5 round groups at .325" and averages around .625" at 100 yards.

Russ
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
DPMS 24", two stage trigger, Ace stock...SWEET !!  

Millette Gold series 6x24x55 scope

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top