Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2005 8:41:57 AM EDT
Well ,after having the urge for an AR15 for quite some time , and working a dead end job for a year , I decided to get myself a new black playtoy.

After looking up information and the like , here's what i decided on.

20" SS/Fluted 1-9 barrel A2 flashhider
a3 f lat top
a2 stock
YHM chromed bolt/carrier
versapod
Sightron 3-9x40mm scope
RRA forged lower reciever

I ordered all the parts minus the lower and scope off model1sales.com, all in all i was quite impressed by everything , with the exeption of the saftey seeming loose. It seems like a machining too small issue more than anything else , but other than that everything has been perfect.

http://www.furypbpark.com/new/ar1.jpg

After taking it to the range and using cheap 55gr FMJ ammo i was rather pleased with my first groups after i sighted it in.

http://www.furypbpark.com/new/araccuracy.jpg

The initial 3 shot group was under the size of a quarter (1") the second 2 were around 1.5" and 2" from the center of the group.(note there is one hole off to the 2 o clock that was a punch in the target) I felt the accuracy was quite good considering the 3 shot groups , and my newness to the gun.  All the shooting i've done with the rifle has been at 100yds , with the exeption of me going out tuesday and trying it out on the 150yd range with Federal 50gr HPs , the bulk of my shooting has been with PMC ammo , but when i switched to the Federal stuff ,the accuracy was even more impressive ( think quarters at 150yds).

http://www.furypbpark.com/new/arcans.jpg

I figured i'd try and see what 55gr FMJ does to a water filled popcan.........the test was pretty conclusive if a 223 had power at 100yds.

All in all ,everything's worked absolutely awesome on the gun. I'm rather impressed with the overall accuracy and preformance of the gun. The only problem i've encountered so far is the difficulty to get non-wolf ammo anywhere locally. To solve that , i decided i'm just gonna start reloading all my ammo , per round , its gonna be quite cheaper for me to do.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the boards, and a very nice looking 1st build, job well done congrats
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle. my next (2nd) build will look a lot like that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job, glad it is working for you.

And, Welcome abord.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top