Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:58:06 PM EDT
I'm looking to build my ar soon but not sure which kit to get. I've heard some bad thigns about model 1, should I stay away from them? I'm trying to be somewhat cost effective. I've got a lower coming pretty soon. Any advice for the kits would be great.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The best kit that you could get for your money is Stag Arms LPK. It is the best quality parts kit out there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never had a problem with anything from model 1 , I'm about to place a order with them now for one of there 16'' C.A.R. Kits with Chrome Lined Chamber And Bore , I have put together a lot of AR's for friends of mine and they have never had a problem with them and i used model 1 kits on all of them ...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
www.jtdistributing.com

Lots of great stuff there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just finnished my 4th J&T kit build and like the rest it was Top Shelf !
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two kits from J&T, a barrel, an upper receiver, and various other parts.  All top notch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is what I would do.

Stag lower (or any other "spec" receiver.)
CMT LPK
CMT M4 stock or Vltor stock kit or LMT SOPMOD stock, depending on how much you want to spend.
CMT T marked upper with a barrel of your choice and CMT BCG. or a complete LMT upper is another option depending on the configuration you are looking for.

Where in MN are you located?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have built alot from kits, Model 1 is the single one with the most parts breakage. Look at the AR parts breaking thread.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here is what I would do.

CMT LPK
CMT M4 stock or Vltor stock kit or LMT SOPMOD stock, depending on how much you want to spend.
CMT T marked upper with a barrel of your choice and CMT BCG. or a complete LMT upper is another option depending on the configuration you are looking for.

Where is the CMT brand sold? I'm up in Duluth Minnesota going to school up here at UMD. Originally I'm from the cities. Edina, MN to get exactl.

Joel
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is what I would do.

CMT LPK

Where is the CMT brand sold? I'm up in Duluth Minnesota going to school up here at UMD. Originally I'm from the cities. Edina, MN to get exactl.

Joel

If you go to the equipment exchange board here at ar15.com there are a lot of dealers that handle CMT, Bravo Company, G&R Tactical, Denny's, and JTac just to name a few.

I'm just up Hwy 2 from you in Grand Rapids.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I built a M1S carbine kit using a Stag lower and it has performed flawlessy. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Model 1 sucks. Save yourself the time, trouble, and money.

If you buy crappy parts, you pay for them twice.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#12]
You can get a J&T 16" CAR Kit with pre-ban chrome lined light weight barrel, flat top upper, a free float tube, and a M-4 6 pos. stock for $559.95+S/H that's not too bad of a deal.

If you want to go the build the whole thing yourself carricoz armory has a good deal on Maga A3 upper receivers.  Eagle Firearms.net has Stag complete bolt carriers w/ charging handle for $119 and Rock River Arms Lower parts kit's for $59.  Mike from CS Gunworks can get you a Super light weight bushmaster barrel for $205 that includes everything from the delta ring forward. That totals $468 but you still need a buttstock which you could get off the Equipment Exchange.   The draw back, you will need to buy specilaized tools to put the upper together.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top