Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:42:53 PM EDT
Before someone loses a screw, I DID RUN A SEARCH!

I've got a strange problem. Just swapped barrels on an A-3 flattop. Took it to the range and had to really crank windage right to get zero at 50 yards. This weapon has a Pic rail non-flip down (fixed) rear sight. It zeroed fine before the barrel swap. No, I didn't remove the FSB and that is the only thing I can remember about windage problems during a barrel swap.

I'm thinking I just needed to reset the Pic. base on the rear sight as I could have gotten it canted one way or another.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks Pete
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
tolerances are going to be different

rear sight placement will be slightly off

torque specs will be different which will effect poi

also the barrel will also shoot different due to manu. tolerances
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...I figured that might be the case. Especially torque - this was a Bushy H-BAR to M4 contour and I nearly broke the barrel nut wrench getting the H-BAR off!

Course at my age, it could have just been my eyes and the near 97 degree day today! Thanks again - Pete
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top