Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:52:53 PM EDT
Hey Guys, new to the site. Was told this was THE place for AR- Info . I have 2 AR-15 and an AR-10, I want to build a dedicated upper in 300 whisper and was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction, personal suggestions and preferences  would be welcome and appreciated.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome. SBR? Suppressed? Olympic Arms, JNRifleworks, SSK all make AR uppers in that caliber.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR on a olympic is what i was kinda leaning  towards ,excuse my illiteracy when it comes to some of the abrev. I've to refer to the cheat sheet as i only know the basic terminology
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I am told that 10-14" is the sweet spot for accuracy in a .300 whisper. If you dont mind losing some velocity with the lighter loads, 10" pretty much maxes the velocity with lighter bullets. If I were you I would use CMT or Stag receivers and your choice of barrel. For all their flaws, Olympic Arms can make some good barrels. However, if you don't want extra markings, I am 95% sure you can get a factory SBR from Olympic. That means no secondary markings with your name  and city/state when you sbr it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanx for the info. I'm hot on it .
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, click here for my FAQ in the Variants board.  Scroll down to the V1.2 for the updated info.

Tom  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Guys, new to the site. Was told this was THE place for AR- Info . I have 2 AR-15 and an AR-10, I want to build a dedicated upper in 300 whisper and was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction, personal suggestions and preferences  would be welcome and appreciated.  

Besides the companies already mentioned, I suggest that you spend a bunch of time researching the 300 whisper in all it's different names.

Quarterbore has his own forums and there are a BUNCH of 300 whisper AR guys there as well.
Pay particular attention to all the threads about functioning problems with carbine-length gas systems and then ask lots of questions from the maker of barrel/upper that you choose.
I highly recommend the pistol-length gas system.

I make a lot of 300x221 barrels and uppers and I would be happy to field your questions as well.
My website also has some pretty good information.

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, ask and ye shall recieve. Thanks guys for all the great info. Its going to take awhile for me to digest it all but I'm on it. Thanks again guys. I'll keep ya posted.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top