Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 1:26:49 PM EDT
In building my own rifle from scratch, when I order a barrel with the front sight, what extra parts say from like J&T would I need to get with it aside from the delta ring assembly?

Also, If im building a M4 profile barrel assembly (14.5) will the CAR length gas tube work or will I need to cut it down? I havent actually seen anyone selling "m4" length gas tubes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need a delta ring, weld spring, and handguard snap ring IF your barrel assembly does not come with them -- many do.

M4 barrels use CAR gas tubes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Chrome lining is an option some of there barrels, and so you may want to check and see if the barrel you are ordering is lined.  If not, make sure to upgrade to a lined barrel.

Also, J&T is prety good about breaking/pulling parts out of there kits.  Depending what you may want different than a stock kit, check with them on pulling parts/cost of the items to get the best overall build deal.

The last kit I ordered I used a RRA lower/upper receiver that I had on hand, and had them pull the stripped upper receiver out of their package to save me overall build costs.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Aw jewz Dano, you just had to start this bru-ha-ha all over again.  Along with the chrome lined barrel, don't forget the titanium firing pin and the nitrited bolt carrrier.  And please don't forget the ruby lazer sight that goes so well with the other bling-bling.  Of course, without your tango down with matching mag pulls you are sure to be TU.  Can't have the poseurs think you are not ready for the catwalk.

Or you can just build the rilfe and learn to shoot it properly, with skill and ability.  Know how to maintain it and feed it.  However, if you insist on the first route, save yourself some money and get an airsoft version.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, the chrome lined barrel is a viable options, especially when he learns to bump the rifle.

As for the rest of the poser items you listed, not even on a bet will you every see them in any rifles I own.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Chrome-lining is a must on any rifle barrel I get from here on out.

They clean up so much easier.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Chrome lined is also nice in very humid climates (like where I live), but has the drawback of lesser accuracy.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top