Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:04:32 PM EDT
Here is my first build. Well I only built the lower. It is a RRA US property marked lower with RRA lpk and RRA NM trigger. It also has a Hogue grip and RRA winter trigger guard and a Nylon CMP sling. I thought the green furniture would stand out a little at the CMP shoots. Oh and the upper is a Complete RRA NM upper. Thanks to Pete@Legal transfers for all the parts and his great service.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice Rifle
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice build.   Being open-minded about a trigger guard is fine...  Just try the "Magpul" type... they rock!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I'll look into that Magpul trigger guard.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice looking build. Job well done congrats
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking rifle.

Looks like it has the free float sleeve too right?

Have you tried the nylon sling yet?  I tried one that a Marine had on his rifle and found I much prefer a stout leather sling.

Also, for the service rifle category is that trigger gaurd legal?  Not trying to nit pick and no one will probably care (I wouldn't), but there are always a few rule nazis out there.

How much does it/will it weigh?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
UVvis:
Yes it has the free float sleeve. No I havent tried the sling yet. All the sling seems to be is a good repro of a Garand GI sling. I'll probably get a good leather one. I am not sure on the trigger guard but the rules where I shoot are very loose. They consider it a"practice for fun" match. As for the weight, it weighs in at about 10 pounds. It does not come with the weights in it, although I would like to get them because it seems nose heavy. So after I add the weights it will probably be about 14 pounds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Love the green.. my 20" has green furniture too!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top