Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2005 11:39:30 AM EDT
I've been curiously looking around at all the different ar-15 kit companys on the internet. theres a bunch

del-ton
model 1
M&A
J&T
American Spirit Arms

I'm sure there are more but I have a question. which is the best? Is there any I should stay away from? personal experience?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
jt

this topic was discussed recently so you could also search it
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I just built one last week with a full 16" C.A.R. kit from Model 1. SUPER fast shipping time, great price, overall great experience. Also bought the Stag Arms stripped lower receiver from EE from the guy there for $86 shipped to my FFL.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Same experience as dpixel8 with M1S for My 16" Dissy. My only issue was with the pivot pin detent spring. I cut a few coils from the spring to get the #$%&*#^@ thing installed. I suspect the spring well was too shallow on the Stag lower. (Yes I did check for burrs in the bottom of the well). It shoots as well as My 20" Colt I've had since '88. I'm at work & wish I had My flame-proof suit for all the slings & arrows from the anti-Model1 crowd. Maybe all the flak from Arfcom has made them tighten-up their ship at M1S. I will stick with them until I have a reason not to.
The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
del-ton has great kits and they are good people to work with!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Built a few Rifles with Model 1 Sales, and M&A kit's with no major problems, But I still prefer to use suppliers that suport this site, and IMHO, have the same, if not better quality parts.

I would go with J&T or Del-ton.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
3 J&T's here , next will be a -------------------- J&T !
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
another vote for J&T
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a DPMS AP4 Carbine Kit less the lower. It came together great on a DPMS receiver I bought from a vender from this board. It is tight, reliable and accurate.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have Built a few Rifles with Model 1 Sales, and M&A kit's with no major problems, But I still prefer to use suppliers that suport this site, and IMHO, have the same, if not better quality parts.

I would go with J&T or Del-ton.

But you can go with Model 1 for 30.00 cheaper and us that to buy a team membership
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Del-ton
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#11]
From what I've seen here, JT or Del Ton.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#12]
basically what I want to build eventually is a small carbine that is light weight, 16" barrel, flat top upper, and reliable. so I was looking at Del-ton and Model 1 as the top 2 picks, but the more I hear the more I like the sound of J&T. I would like a chromed chamber and bore, but undecided on bolt carrier. this would be my first AR build so give me some suggestions. I like Stag lowers but I don't know enough about ARs to know who to stay away from.

and oh yeah,  moneys tight, so this may not materialize for a few months

thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
basically what I want to build eventually is a small carbine that is light weight, 16" barrel, flat top upper, and reliable. so I was looking at Del-ton and Model 1 as the top 2 picks, but the more I hear the more I like the sound of J&T. I would like a chromed chamber and bore, but undecided on bolt carrier. this would be my first AR build so give me some suggestions. I like Stag lowers but I don't know enough about ARs to know who to stay away from.

thanks

Go with the Stag, you won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I like Stag lowers

FYI: Title II has them for $87 Shipped to your FFL.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

thanks

There are also a number of dealers around that offer, in one place, all the parts that are typically included in a kit.  You can mix and match and still come out at a fairly decent price.  I was able to do a complete Rock River midlength "kit" for only $30 more than a J&T or Del-ton kit.  That being said, Del-ton has quite a number of options to choose from in their kits.  Del-ton almost got my business but they didn't have midlength.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I have an M1S complete upper on top of an CMMGinc lower....lots of people have had both good and bad luck with M1S. I've gone through 2500-ish round with my M1S M4gery w/o a single problem. Pick a company n take yer pic. There's good and bad in them all.....just hope you get a good one nomatter which company you go with.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top