Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:11:01 PM EDT
Anyone sell charging handles in Colt Grey?  I'm putting a CDNN A1 upper on one of Colt-653's A1-style lowers (as soon as they are available).  The lower will be finished with Sandstrom 9A, which is supposed to match the CDNN uppers.  If I can source a Colt grey charging handle, I shouldn't have to refinish anything.

Although there is not much to it, I'm looking forward to this "build".  I used M16A1s in the Army and it is my favorite style.  I have an A1-style Fulton Armory Legacy Rifle with a C7 upper, A2 lower, A1 furniture and a USGI pencil barrel and it shoots very well.  I plan to put an Accuracy Speaks trigger in the Colt-653 lower, so hopefully the new rifle will shoot even better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone sell charging handles in Colt Grey?  I'm putting a CDNN A1 upper on one of Colt-653's A1-style lowers (as soon as they are available).

And that's the unanswered question of the year so far

Actually, I'm awaiting the availability of the earlier type from him, w/o the mag release fence, 'cause I don't want to have to "build" one out of an A2 type, like I did with the Rock River piece I A1'd recently.

But so far, we're all still waiting

Re the handle, you might call CDNN and see if they have any of the handles they did have awhile back still floating around the stock room.  If not. I'd consider posting a "Wanted" item on this sites  EE section; if you can't find one listed in the "Used Parts" section.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I called CDNN and posted a reply in the other thread asking Colt-653 if he might (1) Sandstrom 9A some charging handles or (2) sell small quantities of Sandstrom 9A so we can do so.  I don't want to buy a pint of Moly Resin or a Quart of Sandstrom 9A to do a charging handle.

UPDATE 9/15/05 - CDNN doesn't have any grey charging handles.  I'll need to get one off the EE or refinish one myself.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top