Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:30:18 AM EDT

$1.21 at my Home Depot. Yours may be cheaper.

Useful for installing the pivot pin retainer pin and spring.  Compare to prices for the commercial tool.

Grease it first, it helps.

I tried using knife blade and other small parts and lost two good pivot pins and destroyed a spring. This tool works well, and at the price...come on you know you needed to go to the hardware store anyway...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Shhhh! The takedown pin is a rite of passage for AR builders. Without the bitter taste of frustration, victory would not be nearly so sweet.

Actually, I just push the detent in with the end of the pin, then rotate the pin into the receiver ears. Easy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
And to think, I've put together 5 lowers without one.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I used a curved kelly hemostst and the pin itself. No problems! The clevis pin looks like a geat idea, though!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used a curved kelly hemostst and the pin itself. No problems! The clevis pin looks like a geat idea, though!

Hemostats! Why didn't I think of that! The hemostat has obvious AR assembly applications...thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top