Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:36:37 PM EDT
In the September 19 issue of Shotgun News they are advertising a CAR kit for $414.95 that sounds from the description like it is complete except lower receiver (like most kits).  How can they do this?  Call me a pessimist, but since its $20 cheaper than the next cheapest vendor, Model 1 Sales (who has a somewhat spotty reputation from what I read around here), am I right to be a little skeptical as to what you get for that money?  I'm still leaning towards getting another M&A kit, the mid-length even though it is significantly more expensive just because I've had no problems with the 20" kit I bought from them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I've delt with sherluk at gun shows and the national matches.  They seemed to be OK.  I'm wondering if the barrel is chrome lined for the $20 less?  The quality of parts I got from them seemed to be OK also.  Their full built uppers, they had at the matches, were on quality with Model 1.  I cant say anything about their shipping as I was FTF.

FYI They do have a sweet swirl cut free float tube that I've had my eye on for quite some time. No one else seems to carry them
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 20" Chrome lined kit from them several years ago. Everything went together and worked fine. No complaints.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top