Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 2:16:56 PM EDT
I'm getting a Del-Ton 16" Carbine kit and was wondering what receiver matches the color of the Del-Ton kit?  I'm down to either a MEGA Gator or an Ameetec but was wondering which of these matches the Del-Ton get the best?

Joe
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You will never get a perfect color match.  Many factory rifles do not come with perfectly matching upper and lower.

As long as both the upper and lower are anodized with the same process, that is is close as you are going to get.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I must be the only guy here who couldn't give a shit less about upper/lower finish match.

Shit!  Once they get all dirty and beat up, who cares?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
If it really is important........
Can parts be re-anodized?
Can you just use automotive engine paint?

ironaria

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I must be the only guy here who couldn't give a shit less about upper/lower finish match.

Color matches should be banned!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Color matches should be banned!

AMEN, Brother!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top