Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:34:59 AM EDT
Currently have a colt 6920 Carbine. I am considering a LaRue or similiar free float tube. What would ya'all reccomend with regards to the front site? I'm thinking of replacing it with a low profile gas block and a troy BUIS. If so should I go with a longer rail system, say a 10" to cover the gas block. Also, has anyone looke at the A.R.M.S setup. Any thoughts on it? Info is pretty slim from what i've seen. Also would welcome any other suggestions.

I have used the search but havent' really found the info i'm looking for.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've looked through that one. I'm still not sure how well it would work to mount a midlength FF Rail on a carbine with a low profile gas block. Do the rails typically fit over the low profile gas blocks? Also, dont most of them have a cust out for the front site? Are any made that do not have that cutout?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the LaRue 9.0 FF hand guard on my Bushy Carbine.  This is one sweet setup.  If you use the 9.0 you will cover the gas block which in my opinion is a very clean setup.  The one drawback is that you must use a LaRue Gas Block as there is nothing on the market that will fit under their hand guards except their praprietary unit.  I am running Troy flip BUIS both front and rear but you can use any front BUIS that is made for the hight of a railed hand guard.  I liked the gas block under the hand gurad look so much I installed a LaRue 7.0 on my SBR that has a 7.5" bbl.  On that shorty I am using a Krinkov Flash Hider that fits just inside the LaRue 7.0

Hope this helps,
MadDog
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have the LaRue 9.0 FF hand guard on my Bushy Carbine.  This is one sweet setup.  If you use the 9.0 you will cover the gas block which in my opinion is a very clean setup.  The one drawback is that you must use a LaRue Gas Block as there is nothing on the market that will fit under their hand guards except their praprietary unit.  I am running Troy flip BUIS both front and rear but you can use any front BUIS that is made for the hight of a railed hand guard.  I liked the gas block under the hand gurad look so much I installed a LaRue 7.0 on my SBR that has a 7.5" bbl.  On that shorty I am using a Krinkov Flash Hider that fits just inside the LaRue 7.0

Hope this helps,
MadDog hr

Thanks man thats exactly what i'm looking for. I've already got he troy rear so that sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the help!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm actually looking to loose the FSB. I'd rather go to a fold down. The Larue 10" doesn't have the cut out for the FSB?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone know of someone that has the predator setup from POF? looks good. the rail goes all the way back to the charging handle similiar to the A.R.M.S system. I would have to imagine that would be stronger than just bolting it to the rear reciever.

http://www.pof-usa.com/P-416/predatorp9.htm

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm actually looking to loose the FSB. I'd rather go to a fold down. The Larue 10" doesn't have the cut out for the FSB?

LaRue rails do not have the cut out for the front sight block and they come in 7, 9, 12, and 13.2 inch lengths, unless they have some new products that I haven't seen yet.  Good luck with your decision.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Im not sure exactly what your looking for, but I know that Daniel Defense make a rail with a FSB cut out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#10]
actually i'm looking for something without the cutout for the FSB. I like the look of hte monolithic top rail like the ARMS and Troy give you. However I've heard a lot of good about the larue. Anyone have the troy or arms? I believe the troy model is MRF-MX
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
actually i'm looking for something without the cutout for the FSB. I like the look of hte monolithic top rail like the ARMS and Troy give you. However I've heard a lot of good about the larue. Anyone have the troy or arms? I believe the troy model is MRF-MX

We just finished a TROY MX 10.0 last Sunday.  Haven't shoot it yet.  Barrel is a 16" Olympic barrel that was contoured into a lightweight/(almost-A1) profile. We used a PRI low profile g/b.  Nice looker, but was a little odd to me who is used to seeing fixed FS M4s.  Troy was quite tight.  Alignment was thru the 4 Allen bolts -- tighten-a-little-and-then-check method (otherwise known as trial and error
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:49:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#14]
yeah i think i'm going to go with the larue. I had to get the tools to get it installed though. next chance i'll be picking up the larue 9", a larue low profile gas block and a troy front sight.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top