Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 3:39:30 PM EDT
Does anyone know if either of these has a 5.56 chamber? Thanks, Jdman
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask them.  They will know.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure del-ton said that their kits are always 5.56 unless specified otherwise.  I'm pretty sure J&T is the same.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same question before purchasing the Del-ton DT1009 (pre-ban flat top M4).  I sent their customer service an email and they replied stating that it is chambered for 5.56mm.  I haven't received the assembly yet.  I should this week and will let you know if there's paperwork with it.  But I have their email response.  

As the other gent suggested, I'd get your own confirmation for your specific model.  That way you have something from them in writing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i have the JT kit, i asked them and they said they were 5.56
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. Jdman
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the reply Tony. I will be ordering a kit from you today. Jdman
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two J&T kits, and one barrel.  All are 5.56.  I am sure their bull target barrels are .223.  This is typical of most all suppliers.

I can tell you that the J&T kits and the upper I built with a pencil barrel from them work flawlessly... NO malfunctions ever.

Delton has a good reputation, but I cannot comment as I have not purchased from them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks again for all the replies. I decided to go with Del-ton. I ordered over the phone this afternoon and I was told by Tony it should be here later this week. 16" m-4 kit with flat top upper. This will be my first AR. Can't wait to get it together and try it out. Jdman
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Some Del-ton uppers have Wilson barrels that are stamped .223. BUT... A call to Wilson will quickly assure you that these barrels are in fact 5.56

In any event, feel free to call Tony at Del-Ton, I've never had a problem asking him questions about what he sells as he is a fountain of knowlege about pretty much everything he sells.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top