BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 12:58:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Give some more details on your mini-mill...

I am currently enrolled in a Machine Tool school and the school day is not long enough!  When I come home I wish I had a little mill and a little lathe.  Money is tight right now is the only reason I have not.

What brand did you get ?  What tolerances do yoiu expect ?

I appreciate any info and wish I was there playing on the mill with ya

LB
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
USMC check out Harbor Freight
www.harborfreight.com/
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Give some more details on your mini-mill...

I am currently enrolled in a Machine Tool school and the school day is not long enough!  When I come home I wish I had a little mill and a little lathe.  Money is tight right now is the only reason I have not.

What brand did you get ?  What tolerances do yoiu expect ?

I appreciate any info and wish I was there playing on the mill with ya

LB

I got a decent size mill-drill from wholesalw tool for  only a couple of undred more than the harbour freight mini. It can do more and its in english measurements vs. metric lick most of the minis.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for some progress pics...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#7]
A site that you will end up spending a great deal of time at since you now have the mini mill,

www.homegunsmith.com/

P.S. Tell Royce I said Hi.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#9]
They good thing about the Micro Mark mini is that it is the only one that uses an english measurment ead screw wich means you dont have to convert from metric constantly.

DROs are a big help either way.

I second www.homegunsmith.com. Up the money for a membership and you will get access to alot of good info in the forums.

Welcom to the world of $20 AR lowers. www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=1001&storeid=1&image=arforgings.gif
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top