Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2005 12:11:23 PM EDT
Just got done looking at M&A rifle kits and was wondering how many people have had good experiances dealing with them. How do they stack up to Model 1, J&T, and Del-Ton kits? Better worse or same? I would like to build a mid-length and it looks like M&A is the only one that sells a complete kit. Kinda on a budget and this would be my first AR build. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the Search.

I would go with J&T or Del-Ton.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The mid-length is the only thing I would buy from them.

Why?

They didn't build or assemble it. Rock River Arms did. The flattop mid-lengths all have T-marked laser engraved uppers and also have the RRA crosshair logo laser etched on the upper.

Other than that, I'm going to stick to buying the parts of my choice.

For proof, another member just got a middy kit from them and posted pics. I'll see if I can find the link.

WIZZO

EDIT: Found it. kells81 HERE.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Bandit68, searching under M&A doesn't yield any results. Does that say something right there?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just got done looking at M&A rifle kits and was wondering how many people have had good experiances dealing with them. How do they stack up to Model 1, J&T, and Del-Ton kits? Better worse or same? I would like to build a mid-length and it looks like M&A is the only one that sells a complete kit. Kinda on a budget and this would be my first AR build. Thanks!

I have been completely pleased with the 20" A2 kit I bought from them.  I can't say how they compare to those other kits, but I'm planning on getting one of their 16" mid length kids for my next build.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
i went with m&a mid length kit ,shoots great, quick delivery.i would buy from them again
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Same as mrbgt.  Bought a 16" middie kit a few months ago - had no problems.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have bought alot of Kit's from M&A, Model 1, and others, for customers builds,
and I would go with J&T or Del-ton over M&A or Model 1.

Or you can take your chances, some of the kit's were fine,  others had issues.

My .02 cents.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is my post on MA Parts:
my new middy
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:18:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah TraumaRN! That's the rifle that got me thinking about M&A in the first place, I hadn't heard of them until I saw yours! That baby's sweet!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:27:57 AM EDT
[#10]
awww shucks!hy.gif
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]
M&A does not have chrome lined barrels? I don't see that at their website selection list.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#12]
They only have it on a couple models,the CAR15 and i think on a standard 20" AR. I wish they had it on the midlenth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one from them about 6 weeks ago and am very happy with it.  Took less than a week to arrive in Tx.  Gun is 100% reliable thourgh about 400 rounds (including one box of Wolf), and I have one load handload that approaches 1 MOA with no workup.  Am getting 1.5-1.7 moa with SS-109 and 1.8-2.0 MOA with 193's.  

If you order from them I strongly recommend you get the $4.00 tool to install the forward takedown pin.  I didn't and regret it.

BTW, the standard trigger was "standard AR", which means 8# and a bit gritty.  I replaced that ASAP.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, think I've decided to go ahead and do it! Bought my first AR part yesterday, a RRA stripped lower. I figure that it ought to match up well if M&A uses RRA uppers in their mid-lengths. Thanks for ya'alls help! Much obliged!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top