Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 12:12:42 AM EDT
I need to replace a broken teardrop forward assist.
Is it as simple as just puching out the rollpin and replacing the unit?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag. I want to know as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:25:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup.  Just pop the pin.

Want a free never-issued Bushmaster tear-drop assembly, spring and pin?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Little more than that, you need to make sure that the roll pin while being driven back in is in the flat section of the FA.  If the FA is slighty cocked, you can bind the whole works up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Little more than that, you need to make sure that the roll pin while being driven back in is in the flat section of the FA.  If the FA is slighty cocked, you can bind the whole works up.

Thats why I used the same punch that drifts the pin out to hold the assembly in place.  I tapped the pin back in with a small plastic mallet, and it pushes the punch out of the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Lumpy, I'll take that free tear-drop if the offer still stands...IM me'
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Lumpy, I'll take that free tear-drop if the offer still stands...IM me'

What is this, the government cheese line?
We only give our extra parts to newbies in dire need of replacement parts.  It's our way of suckering them in to save their pennies and get hooked like the rest of use (like we really need 8 AR rifles clutter up the whole left hand of the safe).
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top